Sunday, April 19, 2009

Escaping

When I want to escape the world as I know it, I watch movies. Watching movies of any genre, fiction or non-fiction, lets me see into the world of someone or something else. When I think of the word escape, I think of a type of movie that would let me feel free and open minded. It would give me a free spirited, positive attitude toward life, freeing my cluttered mind. I feel the need to escape when my life becomes too hectic or complicated to handle. Watching movies lets me escape the troubles of my real world and enter briefly into the life of something else, something less complicated. This media outlet puts me into a reality that isn’t mine; therefore there is no worry or anxiety placed on my part. I am simply an onlooker. Escaping for me is desired sometimes. I don’t want to escape my life through media all the time, but when I do its normally because my mind is stressing and racing with my problems so I use movies to let my mind forget about my problems and focus on something else. Escape is possible but only for a short period of time. As soon as the movie is turning off, the feeling of escape is gone. The endless variety of movies makes escaping my life feel like its always possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment